The Emerging Writer Mastermind
Have you ever really, really wanted to have your dream of writing your life story come true? Do you feel the ache when you see someone else's story in print, knowing that you have a great book inside of you, too?
Maybe this is the perfect time to have your dream come true.
You know you've said it dozens of times... "someday, I want to write." Maybe you've already started a book and then left it in the dust. Or maybe you've written a blog, but never hit "publish." Maybe you hide your work in a journal and can't find the courage to put it out there. You're not alone. Many have failed at their attempts to write, but it doesn't mean you can't do it, it just means you're lacking a system and accountability.
I know how you feel. I said it too... someday I want to write a book! But I kept putting it off.
For years I worked behind the scenes of a professional writer, my husband. David Peckinpah. He was an Emmy-nominated television and film writer and producer. We were a team. We worked together for 26 years developing characters, storylines, and scripts for shows like Beauty and The Beast on CBS, Sci-Fi Network’s show Sliders, and USA Network Show, Silk Stalkings, and the blockbuster movie for Disney called Man of the House with Chevy Chase and Jonathan Taylor Thomas.
My husband did the writing, and I marveled at his ability to sit down and write every day, when I couldn't seem to pick up my pen and write one story on my own. I was great at creating story ideas and characters with him, but I was terrified to try writing on my own.
The truth is, I didn't know if I could do it.
One day my desire to write became greater than my fear. I signed up with a writing teacher and began working on my first book.
To date I have written 4 published books. My first book Rosey... the Imperfect Angel went on to be recorded as a CD starring Little House on the Prairie actress Melissa Gilbert and made it to the Grammy Ballot in 2009! The most recent book, How to Survive the Worst that Can Happen, has won 8 awards, including the USA Book News Award and the Readers' Favorite Book Award.
People always tell me, "I’ve always wanted to write a book, but I wouldn’t even know where to start!
Well, now you do.
In this Mastermind I share all of my tools, secrets, and templates for making your start as a writer, easier than mine. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity to do what you said you always wanted to do... finally write your book.
You might be wondering what having a book does for you besides the joy of finally telling your story.
- A book is your new calling card of credibility. It's a topic of conversation
- It opens doors and people view you as an expert in your field.
- If you like to speak, it's something that you can share and sell in the back of the room.
- It's a source of connection and you can meet like-minded people as you grow your fan base.
- You can add the word "author" to your resumé.
- It's your legacy
In the process of writing my books and my blog, I realized they had far greater meaning and purpose than I ever imagined. Through them, I was able to examine my life in a new way, peeling away the layers, and bring a new perspective to my past. I learned that writing is one of the most effective tools of healing and leads to greater insight and understanding. It also helped me have an impact because my words were helping people heal, grow, and soar into their greatness. Nothing feels better than that and it's possible for you, too.
Here's what one of my client's said about this mastermind:
For most of my adult life, I have dreamed of writing a book. I didn't know what the content or the title would be, but I knew there was a story inside of me. When I met Sandy, there was a stirring of my soul. Maybe it was an indicator that she would be the one to help me achieve this life goal? She was. Writing an entire book seemed so overwhelming. I didn't know where to begin. I didn't know anything about editing, publishing or how to structure my story. Sometimes my dream felt unachievable. Sandy broke down this process into bite-sized chunks. Sandy was my cheerleader and disciplinarian. Through her support, knowledge and accountability, I did it! My book, The Emerging Healer is now published and on bookshelves everywhere. I never could've done it without Sandy! She was certainly a gift from God.- Chevonna Gaylor, LMFT
This Mastermind is for you if…
- You've always wanted to tell your story or write about what you know
- You've dreamed of starting a blog and don’t know how to begin
- You're a coach, consultant, motivational speaker, therapist, practitioner, specialist, or spiritual leader, or service based professional who wants to write to teach and share a message.
- You want to build your credibility by writing in your area of expertise
- You believe, like me, that your writing is an expression of your soul’s divine purpose
- You want your story to be your legacy to inspire others.
I love helping people find their story. Knowing your story is the secret to knowing the next part of your life. Writing your story is the key to fulfilling a dream… the one where you say, “I’ve always wanted to write.” Now is the time.
I can help you, just as I've helped others. Just imagine how great it will feel!
As a professional designer and speaker, I always knew that I wanted to write a book. It quickly became clear that there is a vast difference between a professional speaker and a writer. I needed help! Sandy has a foolproof strategy and program for helping anyone who has ever wanted to write. I wanted a book that would reflect who I am and my expertise. I was surprised and delighted with how easy the process was, and would highly recommend her program. Paula Joy MacNab ASID,CID Interior Designer and Talk Show Host
What’s included in this unique Emerging Writer Mastermind?
- Seven 90-minute sessions face to face via Livestream on Zoom or Skype, (or in person if you live close to me!). These will be spaced 2 to 3 weeks apart to give you time to work on your book. Some of the sessions will be private, and some will be with other mastermind students. We keep it small, to insure lots of personal feedback but also, some of our best feedback comes from others in the course!
- We will define the story you want to tell.
- Learn how you can best serve the reader with your unique abilities and insights.
- Uncover the reason why the story should be written (and it may not be what you think!). Every story has a purpose
- The sure fire organizing and outlining tools I learned from writing television and movie scripts with my husband.
- Clarify your brand as a writer.
- Learn Accountability scheduling. Learning how to schedule like a professional writer. Making sure you’re on track and fulfilling what you’re meant to be writing.
- Learn how to trigger inspiration and turn off distractions.
- Learn to combat the dreaded Writer's Block
- Discover the benefits and steps to starting a blog
- Get help with the decision on how you’d like to publish your work, either traditional, eBook, or self-published. We'll discuss the expenses of independent publishing and hiring an editor. If you decide to do an eBook or self-publish, you could literally be just a few months away from having your book available.
- You will be doing the work and there will be a commitment on your part. Signing up for this program is not a guarantee the book will be written or published. Only you can do that. I will be guiding you, offering my knowledge and expertise, and looking at your content to help you create the story you want to tell. You will be responsible for writing and making decisions as to how you want to take the next step.
What will this writing program do for you?... You can see Chevonna Gaylor in this photo... extraordinarily happy! In April of 2016, she joined my writing program with the dream of writing and publishing her story. There was no stopping her. Now, just 7 months later, she celebrated the launch of her book, The Emerging Healer, with friends, family, associates, and me... her proud coach.
How is this different than other writing programs?
You are not alone on this journey. Many classes just offer information without interacting with your work. I will be reading your chapters and offering guidance, editorial suggestions, along with helpful tools and strategies to keep you going.
Sometimes our dreams stall until we have someone in our camp to guide us and hold us accountable. We can't depend on our spouse or our best friend to help us out in areas that are not their expertise. We need a skilled professional. I've personally learned the value first hand in having a coach and a mastermind group of people who supported my vision. I now have several published books because of it. This is where my "vision team approach" comes in, and this is where I can help you.
This program is not for you if you don’t want to commit to structuring a time to write. Signing up for this program is not a guarantee the book will be written. Only you can do that. I will be guiding you, offering my knowledge and expertise, and looking at your content to help you create the story you want to tell. You will be responsible for making decisions as to how you want to take the next step, whether it means going on to submitting it to agents and publishers, getting it independently published, or creating an ebook. Now more than ever you have numerous options for getting your work published.
Thank you sooooo much!
I love working with you~ you make it feel so safe ~ even when I have fear. I truly feel that your encouragement about my growth as a writer was just what I needed to keep moving forward with less judgment. I needed to be reminded this is a process and I'm learning new skills.
writer and Fitness Expert
Join me to get started on becoming the writer you always dreamed you could be. Please contact me via email at [email protected] if you have any questions that prevent you from signing up to commit to your writing goals.
When you decide, really decide that your are worth it. Are your dreams worth $100,000? Are they worth $50,000? $10,000?
Not at all... you can achieve your first step toward achieving your life's dream for much less, if you just commit.
Get your spot reserved now! I’m only taking a small number of people in order to give you the best experience you can have.